Friday, February 19, 2010

Homework

Why do we have homework? Is it because the teachers want us to learn or because their mean? I think we have homework to help us understand what the teachers are teaching us. I wish we didn’t have homework because it’s boring and hard, plus it takes up time when we could be with friends or outside. It would be better to just do practice in class because if we have a question we can ask the teacher but with homework you can’t do that unless your parents know how to help you. I wish I could go back in time and stop the person who invented homework but, then we all might be stupid because we wouldn’t learn how to work by ourselves and we wouldn’t learn anything, so I guess homework is a good thing but it’s really boring.

1 comment:

  1. My philosophy on homework is this - it should be used for practicing what is taught in class, but it's okay to give as a preparation for what you will be doing in class the following day. So, I might give you pre-writing for homework so that you would be ready to write the following day. I also don't believe homework should take you hours and hours. That's just crazy! People are busy, and most students have other things they are involved in after school; many of those things are very important, too! So, there you have it. I realize not all teachers think of homework the way I do, but, that's just something students will have to deal with.

    ReplyDelete